The Wikkit Gate is the artifact designed to unlock the time-slowing field surrounding the planet Krikkit. It was once lost, so the planet Krikkit had killer robots search the galaxy for a pillar of plastic, a pillar of wood, a pillar of steel, a golden bail, and a silver bail to make a new gate and unlock the field. They believed that once the field would be unlocked, the Krikkit inhabitants wanted to proceed to destroy the universe.
The Gate consisted of:
- A Steel Pillar of Strength and Power (Marvin's leg, but only after it had been replaced by a scrap metal merchant)
- A Wooden Pillar of Nature and Spirituality (the reconstituted ashes of the cricket stump that was burnt in Melbourne, Australia to signify "the death of English cricket")
- A Perspex (Plexiglas) Pillar of Science and Reason (Argabuthon Sceptre of Justice)
- A Golden Bail of Prosperity (The Heart of Gold's heart of gold — the Infinite Improbability Drive that powers the starship)
- A Silver Bail of Peace (the Rory Award For The Most Gratuitous Use Of The Word "F***" In A Serious Screenplay)