Some further facts about the beast: it can turn its eyes turn red, green, then a sort of mauvy pink; it has a cranial spigot; it asks its victims their names before killing them, and carves the names on a memorial outside its cave; the Vogons keep a Bugblatter Beast inside a metal box in order to execute people convicted of crimes such as kidnapping the President. Trillian is almost fed to it.
How To Deal with The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast Of TraalEdit
The creature's aforementioned stupidity makes it relatively easy to deal with - if the Guide is to be believed. For, according to the Guide, draping a towel over your head will confuse the beast long enough for one to make a quick getaway. This is because (as mentioned above) the philosophy of The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast is that, if you can't see it, it can't see you.
The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal appears in:
- The book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Episode 1 of the television series
- The 2005 film The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- The computer game The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- The book And Another Thing....