- "Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz was not a pleasant sight, even for other Vogons"
- —Jeltz' description[src]
He also wrote excellent poetry, at least in comparison to other Vogon poetry. He wrote to put his mean, callous, heartless exterior into sharp relief.
Jeltz had an unpleasant green body, a high domed nose and a small piggy forehead. He had dark green rubbery skin thick enough to be involved in Vogon politics and waterproof enough to survive a thousand feet underwater with no ill effects.
Once Jeltz entered the Vogon Civil Service, he held a busy schedule. He was chosen by Gag Halfrunt as the Vogon to lead the Constructor Fleet on its scheduled demolition of Earth, to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Just before demolishing the Earth, Jeltz had an unhappy love affair.When the human Arthur Dent and Betelgeusian Ford Prefect used the Electronic Thumb to hitchhike onto Vogon flagship, Jeltz sent out a search party to find the hitchhikers. Once found, Jeltz read a fetid little passage of poetry to them. He ignored their attempts to save themselves and instead ordered for them to be thrown out of the third airlock.
- The first two episodes of the television series.
- The book Mostly Harmless
- The book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- The book The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- The film The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- The book ...And Another Thing