In later mentions of his poetry, the attributed name was changed to Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings, due to telling Adams to disguise his name, so that he would not be shamed.
The author died of pancreatic failure, almost three years after Adams' death, in 2004. It is presumed that poetry was not a factor, although that remains a possibility.
Here is an excerpt of his poetry:
- The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool.
- They lay. They rotted. They turned
- Around occasionally.
- Bits of flesh dropped off them from
- Time to time.
- And sank into the pool's mire.
- They also smelt a great deal.