Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the parking lot at Milliways, Ford Prefect briefly recounts a tale about being passed by a Lazlar Lyricon custom spaceship that subsequently crashed into the third moon of Jaglan Beta, observing that the ship looked like a fish and moved like a fish, but steered like a cow.
It is featured in the popular tune, "I Left My Leg in Jaglan Beta". The news corporation Jaglan Echo called Disaster Area's music "probably the worst thing in the galaxy." Jaglan Beta is home to the Headless Horsemen tribe.
The Saturday Walking Club were planning a hike to Milliways with a possible shortcut home through Jaglan Beta and its moons. However news that the Headless Horsemen there had recently run amok, caused the club to reconsider the trip, which was planned for early April.
Jaglan Beta is mentioned in:
- Chapter 3 of the Douglas Adams novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Chapter 18 of the Douglas Adams novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- Chapter 22 of the Douglas Adams novel Life, the Universe and Everything.
- The fifth episode of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy television series.
- Chapter 3 of the Eoin Colfer book And Another Thing....