Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Garkbit was the Head Waiter at Milliways, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. He was professionally unfazed by Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect, Zaphod Beeblebrox, and Trillian's unruly arrival. He had a fine sales patter and a very dry sense of humour. Garkbit was a methane breather, with a life support system strapped discreetly to his thigh.
Garkbit appeared in:
- The Douglas Adams novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- Fit the Fifth in the radio series.
- The fifth episode of the 1981 television series.
Behind the scenesEdit
It is interesting to note that the character's name is never mentioned in any version, except in the credits of the radio series.
Garkbit is played by:
- Anthony Sharp in fit the fifth of the radio series
- Jack May in the television series.