Deep Thought was a supernatural-computer programmed to calculate the answer the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. After seven and a half million years, it came up with the result of 42, but didn't know the question itself, so it commissioned the Earth to calculate that inquiry. Sadly, the Earth was destroyed just before it was going to give the question. Deep Thought has the Apple logo near its eye (in the film).
Deep Thought was mentioned in:
- Fit the Fifth of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series.
- The fifth episode of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy television series.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book.
- The 2005 movie.
Behind the ScenesEdit
Deep Thought was portrayed by:
- Geoffrey McGivern (voice) in the radio series.
- Valentine Dyall (voice) in the television series.
- Helen Mirren (voice) in the 2005 film.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ From the 2005 film